See www.zabbix.com for the official Zabbix site.
Display group of items on a graph
Currently only individual items can be used in graphs. It would be great to quickly select a set of items based on a filter criteria and graph them. We'll need to be able to select a single item from hosts in specific host groups and items with varying key parameters.
This will be achieved by adding the ability to select and plot items on the latest data page. Using a combination of the host group, host and description filters it will be possible to select both specific items and similar item variations.
The filter will be extended with three additional fields:
- Host groups - a multiselect filter for selecting host groups; it will be possible to select multiple host groups. The value will be stored under the web.latest.filter.groupids profile key.
- Hosts - a multiselect filter for selecting hosts; it will be possible to select multiple hosts. To avoid potential confusion regarding which hosts can be selected in the filter, it will be possible to select any hosts, including hosts wihout any monitored items. The value will be stored under the web.latest.filter.hostids profile key.
- Application - a text filter for filtering by application. The value will be stored under the web.latest.filter.application profile key.
The filter will be redesigned to match the design in the configuration section. It will be open by default.
The host and host group page filters will be removed. The selected hosts and host groups will be remembered separately from the page filter.
The item values will only be displayed only if some filter criteria is selected. The same way as in the item configuration list. If no filter criteria is given, the following message will be displayed: "Specify some filter condition to see the values."
It will be possible to select specific items using checkboxes similar to the ones used in the configuration section. The checkbox column will be added to the right of the of column with expand/collapse icons. It must have the "select all" checkbox in the top cell. For non-numeric items, the checkbox will be disabled.
A footer will be added to the table and will contain the standard dropdown and "Go" button control. The dropdown will contain two options: "Display stacked graph" and "Display graph"; with stacked graph selected by default. Pressing the "Go" button will open the batch graph page.
Batch graph page
The batch graph page will display the graph with the selected items. It will be displayed differently from the normal history graph page:
- to avoid displaying too many lines on the graph, only the average value for each item will be displayed.
- the dropdown to switch to text values will not be displayed.
- the add to favourites button will not be displayed
- The page will contain a filter with a radio button selection to switch between a stacked or line graph. Pie graphs will not be supported.
- The title of the graph will be changed to "Item values".
- Triggers will not be displayed on the graph.
- The selected time period will not be remembered in the profiles.
There will be no additional controls on that page that allow to add or remove specific items.
Item configuration page
A similar message will be displayed in the item configuration list when no filter criteria is set: "Specify some filter condition to see the items."
Display stacked graph
Specify some filter condition to see the values.
Specify some filter condition to see the items.
- What's new in 2.4
- Zabbix Manual
Things to discuss
- What title to display for the graph
- v 1.1
- The host selection multiselect will allow to select hosts without monitored items
- When multiple items are displayed on a graph, its title will be changed to "Item values" and the triggers will not be displayed.
- v 1.2
- If multiple items are selected, the selected time period will not be remembered in the profiles
- v 1.3
- When opening the graph page via the "Go" button, it will be displayed differently independently of the number of items