See www.zabbix.com for the official Zabbix site.
Bugsquash Tuesday 2013
What is it
With Zabbix 2.2 approaching, we would like to make it our most bug-free release ever. And you can help!
We will have several developers available on IRC at 2013.11.05, Tuesday and they will be delighted to help with any bugs you might have encountered with pre-2.2 versions.
This will make sure Zabbix 2.2 is a quality release, and hopefully will make you more experienced with Zabbix as well.
How to participate?
- Familiarise yourself with Zabbix SVN - you should get latest trunk and preferably you should be able to check out and test development branches, too. See SVN usage guidelines.
- Be sure you know how to compile Zabbix from the source - see instructions for compiling from SVN checkout.
- Have test setup. The bigger, more similar to production environment and more diverse it is, the better. If you can not install Zabbix for testing anywhere, grab the virtual appliance.
Installing development packages on the appliance
The following command will install dependencies for most of the potential features you might want to compile and test:
zypper in automake make gcc libmysqlclient-devel libxml2-devel libcurl-devel unixODBC-devel net-snmp-devel libssh2-devel OpenIPMI-devel openldap2-devel sqlite3-devel
- We will coordinate all efforts on IRC. Join #zabbix IRC channel on Freenode network (read more about Zabbix IRC channel).
- Test Zabbix trunk and discuss any issues found on IRC.
- If you are asked to create a new bugreport, please, follow the bug reporting guidelines.
TODO : how large activity can we expect ? any need for communication protocol, like prefixing specific bug discussion somehow ?
We are well aware that our users reside in lots of different time zones. To have at least some overlap with most of them we will have all participating developers available from 06:00 until 22:00 EET (that's UTC+2).
This is also a good time to improve translation in your language (or any language you know well enough). If you encounter any issues during the translation process, developers will be available on IRC to help.